It is often difficult, and indeed unwise, to speculate as to an offenders motives so soon after a crime. First impressions of a situation when matters are not yet settled, and all possible information has not yet been gathered and released, can be wildly different from the final explanation can be.
However, with regards to the San Bernardino massacre in which 14 people at a Christmas party were shot dead, and many others were injured, there are aspects of this case that certainly do not preclude it being a jihadist attack. In fact I’m going to go out on a limb and say that it is highly likely that this is yet another murderous manifestation of the ideology of Islam.
1. First of all there is the identity of the assailants, Muslims by the name of Syed Farouk and his wife Tashfeen Malik . The phenomenon of ‘Sudden Jihad Syndrome’ is sadly something that we in the West are having to get all too used to. With Sudden Jihad Syndrome an ordinary, common or garden supposedly integrated and moderate Muslim, suddenly comes all over all Islamic and shoots, explodes or beheads any nearby non-Muslims. I’m afraid that in this case we do have to take into account the assailants religious belief.
2. There was a significant level of pre-preparation for this offence. The manner of dress of Farouk and Malik including what news reports are calling ‘vests’, which sounds like it could mean ballistic protection vests. The type of weapons used and the fact that they appeared to have enough ammunition for a long fight, also point to this being an Islamic attack. (Editor’s note at 17:45GMT: the San Bernando police chief has just stated that the ‘vest’ was not a ‘ballistic vest’ )
3. There is the allegedly large number of IED’s and IED components found in the home that these two Islamic savages shared. Yet more evidence that this was an Islamic attack.
4. The savage called Farouk had travelled to Saudi Arabia recently and had a new wife acquired quite suddenly and via internet dating. This points to Farouk self radicalising or becoming open to radical thought after visiting Saudi.
5. The presence of video equipment being carried by the assailants. This looks like these savages wanted to kill and then share the video with other savages in order to inspire them to kill as well. This is a situation that is sadly normal for Islam.
6. There is the extremely swift appearance of the Muslim Brotherhood linked Council for American Islamic Relations (CAIR) and their management of a press conference which featured Tashfeen’s brother saying basically ‘I know nothing’. The sudden popping up of CAIR was so fast that journalists on Fox News remarked how incredibly fast CAIR have appeared. Of course CAIR spun their usual dishonest line that ‘Islam is a religion of peace’ and that people ‘mustn’t think all Muslims are terrorists’ etc etc.
7. Finally there is the target of the attack. A Christmas party, a soft target where non-Muslims are enjoying themselves or celebrating a Christian festival. What could be a more ‘Islamic’ target than that.
All of the information that has been released so far about the San Bernardino massacre screams ‘Islam’ and the sudden appearance of CAIR and their whitewash machine, makes it even more likely that this was an Islamic attack.
What is truly shocking about this attack was that the assailant Farouk had been completely integrated into the local community, was described as a ‘nice quiet guy’, had made friends and held down a responsible job, that of a food safety inspector, yet he still turned on and killed those who considered Farouk as a friend. Ordinary American citizens, accepted this Muslim, treated this Muslim as an equal, bought presents for this Muslim’s baby, but this Muslim still appears to have felt that the Islamic instruction to kill non-Muslims for Allah overrode any other consideration, including friendship and acceptance. Can we as non-Muslims ever trust any Muslim after this sort of attack? How can we be sure that the Muslims of our own acquaintance will not suffer from this sort of Sudden Jihad Syndrome, the moment the Muslim discovers the true hateful violent heart of their faith?
Farouk and Malik were indecent people produced and nurtered by the completely indecent ideology of Islam of this I can be sure.
My thoughts and prayers are with the many innocent people who have died, and those who have been injured, in this latest disgusting Jihadist attack.